Safe Browsing Tips
Most PCs come with Internet Explorer (IE), which is OK but there are better ways
Download the latest version of Firefox from Mozilla. Using IE really is asking for trouble especially when surfing porn. There are so many drive by exploits and viruses around that attack IE, you can save yourself a headache just by using Firefox.
Beef up your Firefox
We particularly recommend DownThemAll – great for snagging a whole porn gallery to your hard drive instead of saving each picture individually. Time is precious, don’t waste it
- Keep your antivirus software up to date. If you haven’t got any, go and get the free and great AVG right now!
- NEVER install a program that a website asks you to install.
- NEVER install a toolbar that a website asks you to install.
- Be VERY careful about giving anyone your email address.
- NEVER install what it says are “Codecs needed to play a video” – they are often viruses in disguise.
- Be wary of WMV format video clips – they can contain links to shady sites that launch automatically.
- If you suspect something is amiss with a certain site, just leave. There are plenty more porn sites!